What is HD-TVI?
HD-TVI means High Definition Transport Video Interface, It is a DSP-TVI technology developed by Techpoint(2012), and the Chipset was sold to Intersil , Chinese manufacture, such as Hikvision, HanBang, put this technology into their new product.
Hanbang successfully developed the TVI solution, solved HD-SDI’s previous problems. TVI can convert the digital signals to analog ones, it extends the transmission distance, reduces the total cost, and takes less storage capacity. HD-TVI is also based on coaxial cable and supports HD video signal (1080P/720P), audio signal, and digital signal transmissions.
The feature of HD-TVI:
- 1080P/720P( 25/30 fps) video signal
- Long transmission distance at 300-500 m
- No Video loss
- Real-time preview without delay
- Transmit video signal, audio signal and dual-way data communication, 3 signal transmission over one coaxial cable.
- Follow same connection structure with original analogue system without cable (Coax / UTP) changed, which means users can just change their old analog cameras and DVRs to TVI cameras and DVRs to get a brand new1080p surveillance system, don’t need any other special knowledge and extra cost.
HD-TVI vs HD-SDI
So in conclusion, the advantage of HD-TVI compared with HD-SDI is
- Longer transmission distance(without boost)
- Affordable Price
- Better Anti-interference and Reliability
HD-TVI vs IPC
So compared with IPC, the advantage of HD-TVI is
- No compression, so no video quality loss.
- Real-time video display, without any transmission signal delay.
- Low requirement for network bandwidth.
HD-TVI vs HD-CVI
TVI comes from a US-based company that does not supply to only one manufacture, the chipset is open, not sealed, you can DIY your HD-TVI system with different brand. while HD-CVI, no matter camera or DVR, should be bought from original company or authorized company.
Customers like to match their DVR&Camera with different brand, because wide choice may mean more cost saving.
And the TVI price is close to 960H, people will like this kind of product.
HD-TVI Technology Footage Sample