Now Delivering Version 4
This item is delivered over the internet within hours of your purchase!
Within 10 hours of your purchase (often less), we will send you detailed download and installation instructions
!!! You are purchasing 3 Licenses with this purchase @ $49.95 each!
Blue Iris is a Hybrid CCTV Camera Management Program. Being a Hybrid program means it can manage both analog and IP cameras together, in the same interface.
To run analog cameras, you will need a PCI Capture Card to be installed in your computer. Further down this listing we explain what type of card you need, and we also sell that card in our store. Once you purchase the program we will send you detailed download and installation instructions that we have carefully worked out for you to be 100% successful in installing your analog cameras into Blue Iris.
If you are running just IP cameras, you will not need a capture card, and the download instructions we send you after your purchase will have you up and running in no time.
Blue Iris Software is FULLY Guaranteed to work with your computer and your DVR card or your money is refunded.
Why Buy From Us? You can purchase Blue Iris from several sellers including the developer. By purchasing from us, you have access to our 7 day - 24 hr support that includes a Toll Free line for all of North America. We are the only reseller that is available 7 days a week, for not only installation support, but also ongoing lifetime support.
- The initial view shows live views on the left, and a list of clips on the right.
- Choose from equal video window sizes or one larger than the others
- When you size the main window, the video images size with you.
- Click on a camera view or clip to open it.
- Use your mouse wheel to digitally zoom in and out.
- A status bar at the bottom lets you know what Blue Iris is doing, and provides help when you pass the cursor over windows and controls.
- PTZ (Pan Tilt and Zoom) controls are supported for some IP cameras
- Organize your clips into folders, and automatically archive them to the web, or put them into storage.
The Clip Viewer
- There are controls for playback and stepping frame by frame. A position slider allows random access to any point in the video.
- Digital Zoom and Pan functionality
- Control the speed of playback (audio as well as video) and the audio volume.
- Use the Blue Iris DVR file format to record to and playback video from the same file simultaneously.
- Mark starting and ending points for playback, trimming, or video export.
Besides the built in mobile web site that Blue Iris comes with (web server), we also have mobile apps so you can bring your Blue Iris with you, anywhere! Our applications are available on Android and iOS. The features include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple Blue Iris installations.
- Control the traffic signal icon, schedule and profile selection.
- Receive push alerts when a Blue Iris camera is triggered or there is a critical status message.
- Fast H.264 streaming.
- Control PTZ, IR and more for any camera that’s also controllable at the Blue Iris PC.
- Listen to and talk to any camera that’s also supported at the Blue Iris PC.
- Navigate cameras by tapping and swiping.
- Review recordings as stored on the Blue Iris PC, up to 64x speed.
- Selectively delete recordings from the Blue Iris PC.
- Remote control DIO output signals on compatible devices.
Video Security Features
- Use motion or audio sensing to trigger recording, or record continuously or periodically.
- Overlay the current date/time as well as a logo or other information.
- Optionally record audio.
- Use a timer to determine when the system is armed.
- Images may be captured as either JPEG images, MPEG movies or Windows
- Media movies (full version).
- Receive alerts via loudspeaker, email, instant message, voice phone call (with automatic redial), or external program/script.
- Run Blue Iris as a Windows service so that only you have control over its operation on a shared PC.
- All passwords are stored encrypted.
- Built-in multithreaded web server; supports authentication.
- Broadcast MPEG, a JPEG image stream to a Java client applet, or,
- Perform “true” webcasting using leading-edge Windows Media Technologies such as variable and multiple-bitrate encoding (full version).
- View all cameras at once remotely.
- PTZ controls accessible remotely in MPEG broadcast window.
- Stream and seek through large clips remotely without downloading the entire file.
- Detailed stats window.
- Use Blue Iris’s powerful digital Zoom and Pan functionality remotely!
- The default home page allows you to view all of your cameras and captured clips remotely; this page is easily customized.
- Integrated “mini-browser” to test your home page.
- Post images to a remote web server; maintain a ring of images; resize for use on cell phones and PDAs.
- Built-in web server enables you to bring your Blue Iris with you anywhere!
- Remotely connect to your Blue Iris from anywhere in the world, from any web enabled device.
- Desktop and mobile viewing.
- View live cameras, recorded clips and alerts.
- User authentication with permission based viewing.
- Automatically adjusts if IP changes.
- Detailed log.
- Use Blue Iris’s powerful digital Zoom and Pan functionality remotely!
- Access PTZ presets easily
- Simultaneously use up to 64 video cameras (with full version).
- Use USB webcams, DV camcorders, network IP cams (see list below), as well as video servers.
- Use generic cards with DirectShow drivers, or better, the H.264 cards from BlueCherry.net and Euresys.com.
- Overlay text, timestamps, and alpha-blended graphics.
- The highly-efficient Blue Iris DVR file format allows time-slip viewing.
- DirectX integration provides smooth digital scaling.
- DirectShow integration provides optimal capture performance.
- Windows Media technologies integration (full version) allows capture into
- WMV format and Windows Media webcasting.
- Multithreaded, optimized and rigorously tested code for optimal performance.
- Geofencing: set/disable features, alerts, etc. when devices enter/exit perimeter.
If you want to run Analog cameras, check your card
Bulletin!! The PICO Company is now out-of-business.
There is a pirated version of PICO2000® software widely used in the surveillance market. Tens of thousands of cards have been delivered over the years with this illegal version.
The pirated version is difficult to install and was a beta copy, meaning not fully debugged and not fully functional.
It was never stable. It was labeled v1.8 and v1.7. It was written for Pentium IIs and IIIs and it was developed for Windows 95 and Windows 98.
This software is the Fully Legitimate Blue Iris program. It is a FULLY LEGAL, and a fully supported version.
It will work with all UCC4 type capture cards using the Conexant bt878 capture chips. And it works well with today's higher end Pentium IV machines running Windows XP.
How to recognize the pirate PICO2000® software? If you can start the software, click on the "Utility" button on the main screen, then "System Information". If the software version shows PICO2000® 1.8 or before then it is pirate software.
Many copies of the illegal software are in Chinese by default. If you start the software and see ?????? on all the buttons then it is the pirate software. Similarly, if you had to install an "English Pack" update, then again, it is illegal software.
Download the Blue Iris Manual
PDF format - 8.3MB
DuncansOnline Full Installation Support
Read our Pre-Sale FAQ. We have many After-Sale Support FAQs, depending on your needs.
With so many products and features, making the right surveillance decision to suit your needs can be difficult and at times an overwhelming process. But don't worry - DuncansOnline is always here to help you. Contact us toll-free or by email anytime to set up an in-depth consultation free of charge!
We're here to help you find the perfect surveillance solution!